6/14/11

The little joys in life

So THIS is my summer goal! I am going to share little joys in my life everyday for a 100 days. If I can conquer this then I will keep going. If not then I won't have to got through the trouble of changing the title of the blog. So it's a win, win.

So lets get this party started! (Modern Family anybody?!) Today's little piece of happiness comes from the movie that the title of my blog plays off of. The movie 500 days of Summer is one of my all time favorite movies! "But why Taylor? This movie is horribly sad and disappointing." Weeeeeeell, pretend blog voice, because it has, in my completely (but really not at all) professional opinion, one of the BEST soundtracks thanks to a little band called She & Him and other artist like Meghan Smith, Hall & Oates, The Smiths, Simon & Garfunkel, and Regina Spektor. A sweet soundtrack makes a movie for me. SO for all you musically deprived who have not heard of any of these artist, to you're ears I say "you're welcome".




    4 comments:

    1. I love (500) Days of Summer BECAUSE it's horribly sad and disappointing.

      But the music is also awesome.

      ReplyDelete
    2. and really, its not all that sad and disappointing. The ending is quite hopeful and optimistic without being too 'Hollywood unrealistic'. I just loved the scene where his reality and expectations are played out side by side. So cool!
      Might have to give the music another listen, though...

      ReplyDelete
    3. It really depends on which side your coming from. A lot of the people I've talked to just wanted to see Zooey Deschanel and Jonathan Gordon Levitt together at the end. So for them the fact that there happy with other people is pretty disappointing. BUT I see where you're coming from and have to agree.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Good movie and music! It had good casting and it was truer to life than some movies...although I confess I like a happy ending :)

      ReplyDelete