6/30/11

Life in a nutshell

So I'm changing the rules of my blog a little bit. I have decided that my school work is a little bit more important so I thought it would be a good compromise to make my new goal to complete 100 post period. They may not be every day but I'm going to try my my hardest these next couple weeks during finals to post at least a few times a week.

With that being said these last couple of weeks have over all been really great! Though most the time I was feeling really over whelmed, I still had this great opportunity to dig deep and learn a lot about myself. For my Family History final we were assigned to write a complete personal history and when I say complete I mean " what did you do for your best friends birthday party in the first grade" specifics. Luckily the project is split up into sections, each due at a different time so that we don't go completely insane.

The timeline section was due last week. It was one of the best soul searching experiences I've ever completed. There was so much that I had forgotten that had a huge part of shaping the way I think, the way I act, everything that makes me, me. I seriously suggest that you guys take a minute and try looking back on at least one year in your life. Write down some of the important events that you can remember. The big events are easy to remember and shouldn't take that much effort. Then dig a little deeper, try to think of some of the little things that happened that year. The little events are the easiest to forget but can be so exciting to look back on when we older and can't remember that far back. Personally, with the baby/toddler years, I called my family and asked them what they remembered. SO for all of you that are interested in see the final product (Mom, Dad) here it tis.

Get ready for some really funny awkward years!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Taylor. It was fun to remember and reflect on your life thus far and what a wonderful blessing you are to our family. This will be something special that you will be able to reflect on often through out your life. It will be something you can share with your kids and grandkids someday. I have often shared with you stories of my childhood. You have reminded me of how important it is to not only remember but write it down.

    I look forward to more of your wonderful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at your 7th birthday party, and Elizabeth, and Kelsey, and Nana, and Popi! OK, we weren't your new acquaintances from school, but we sure love you a lot. You have always made friends in whatever situation you found yourself-as I remember, the kids we invited had good reasons for not coming that day (I wasn't happy about it either, though). Just bad timing. You had a good party at the indoor golf place in Ocean City. Forgot you got in trouble a couple times at BIS (or did I know...?) Thank you for sharing this amazing anthology of life events. The pictures and words brought back many memories of you and all the special events we shared as a family. We loved watching you grow as a performer. You were always our easy-going girl who enjoyed life and had a great sense of humor. You didn't get upset unless you thought someone was laughing at you (and many times they weren't, something might have been funny, but nothing personal was intended). You were very respectful to your mom and dad, Nana and Popi, and teachers as well as friends. We always got good reports about that at school and home. That shows what kind of person you are and that you care about other people. I love you and look forward to seeing you very soon! Love, Momma xo

    ReplyDelete